SOPHE 64th Annual Meeting
The Magic of Health Education: Vision, Imagination & Transformation
April 17–19, 2013
Hilton Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida
Pre-Conference registration is now closed
Onsite registration will be available.
Purchase SOPHE's 64th Annual Awards Ceremony Tickets Now!
Join your colleagues in honoring SOPHE's 2013 award recipients! The Awards Ceremony will be held at the Epcot Center. Optional tickets include dinner buffet, transportation, and a premiere viewing of Disney's fireworks. Register for the Awards Ceremony at the same time you register for the conference or use the PDF registration form.
SOPHE Welcomes 2013 Honorary Fellow and Keynote Speaker: Howard K. Koh, MD, MPH
Dr. Howard K. Koh is the Assistant Secretary for Health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Throughout his career, Dr. Koh has excelled in championing policies and programs dedicated to prevention and care so that all people can reach their highest attainable standard of health. SOPHE is pleased to recognize Dr. Koh for his leadership and his lifetime of contributions and commitment on the front lines of public health. View all plenary speakers
(All conference sessions will be held within the hotel.)
Hilton Lake Buena Vista in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Don't forget to take advantage of being in Disney by visiting the many theme parks located in Orlando. SOPHE meeting attendees and their guests are entitled to discounted theme park tickets, only available through SOPHE.
Conference attendees can also get a 10% discount at any Dollar Rent a Car location in Florida. Simply click here or call 800.800.4000 and refer to Corporate Discount number (CD#) CM2437.
This year, we have also teamed up with Orlando Convention Aid to help you make the most of your time in Orlando. Available discounts include restaurants, golf, attractions, nightlife, shopping and much more. Each listing offers detailed information and discount coupons that can be printed. They can also make your dinner reservation, book your group dinner party or event. This web site will help you plan your time during your stay in Orlando.
- Purchase, discounted attraction tickets!
- Receive, discounts to fantastic restaurants and make dinner reservations!
- Enjoy complimentary cocktails at some of Orlando’s best nightlife!
- Play great golf at a discount!
- Shop at Orlando’s most exclusive stores and outlets with discounts!
- Rent cars and make use of other great services all with fantastic discounts!
This 2 ½ day conference will enable attendees to:
- Analyze characteristics of successful cross-sector public health collaborations that have implemented effective policies, systems, and environmental changes to address the social determinants of health in communities—schools, worksites, and healthcare entities, and other initiatives.
- Enhance capacity to create inventive, effective and inspiring strategies including the latest technological approaches, interdisciplinary collaboration, and emerging evaluation designs to address current and future health education and promotion needs, trends, settings, opportunities and challenges.
- Explore participatory approaches involving researchers, practitioners, and/or community members to transform health parity efforts, create new models in the field, or overcome failures for more effective outcomes.
- Examine school-based strategies and school-community collaborations/initiatives designed to improve health literacy, health equity, and overall community health.
Join SOPHE in Thanking Our Confirmed Supporters for 2013!
SOPHE values partnership opportunities with its conference exhibitors and supporters. Exhibitors & supporters will be recognized on the annual meeting webpage and in communications that regularly reach more than 17,000 health and education professionals! View the Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus here. (For a printable PDF, click here).
DID YOU KNOW: SOPHE sold out of exhibit space at the 2012 Annual Meeting?
Looking to Exhibit? Download the application form here.
Resource: fabric poster offered by PosterSmith.com