Distinguished Fellow Award
The award recognizes individuals who have made significant and lasting contributions to SOPHE and the profession of health education or public health.
Deadline for nominations: Saturday, September 30, 2017
The award is presented at the awards celebration during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
- Nomination form and letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at the annual conference
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Letters of support from seven (7) additional SOPHE members. In the nomination and support letters, please provide evidence, examples, documentation, and/or information about the nominee:
- Significant contributions to health education
- Creative or exceptional nature of these contributions
- Professional recognition (honors/awards, special appointments, offices held, research, writing, etc)
- Results and impact of the nominee’s work
- Leadership within SOPHE
- Continuing worth of the nominee’s contribution to health education, SOPHE, and public health