2017 Advocacy Call for Abstracts
Submit a proposal for an oral presentation or skill-building workshop.
This year, we will explore the role of health education advocates and how one may be best prepared to navigate changes to the political climate of our nation.
Abstracts are encouraged to address these topics:
- Essentials of effective activism
- Methods of teaching and describing skills that advocates need to transcend an advocacy topic area
- Teaching advocacy in today’s system of higher education
An abstract should fall under a main subtheme:
- Activism: This subtheme explores causes and topics that public health professionals can use their advocacy skills to influence or bring about political or social change for the future.
- Advocacy Skill-Building: This subtheme focuses on the hard skills that today’s advocates must know in order to create and sustain an advocacy campaign.
- Incorporating Advocacy in the Classroom: This subtheme targets faculty members (and future faculty members) who are interested in new and interesting ways to teach advocacy to their students.
Plan now to be a part of this opportunity to engage in effective advocacy for a common health education agenda at the national, state and local levels.