SOPHE 65th Annual Meeting
Discovery 2014: New Health Education Strategies, Connections & Ideas
March 19-21, 2014
Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor
Pre-Conference Registration is Now Closed
attendees may still register onsite
All conference sessions will be held in the hotel.
Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor
300 Light Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
**Conference Hotel Block is Now CLOSED
As the conference block sells out at the Hyatt, please take advantage of the special SOPHE rate ($159 plus taxes) at the Royal Sonesta Hotel, located a few doors down (3 minute walk) from the Hyatt.
Or call 1-800-SONESTA and refer to the SOPHE group rate.
This 2 ½ day conference will enable attendees to:
- Analyze successful, innovative approaches to improve the safety, growth, development, and health literacy of children and adolescents in the school and college campus settings.
- Examine challenges and opportunities in priority health areas and strategies for achieving related Healthy People 2020 Objectives and health equity.
- Foster implementation of effective policies, systems, and environmental changes that contribute to transdisciplinary collaboration and the reciprocal circle of research and practice.
- Utilize new health communications methods and technology to improve health promotion outreach, research, teaching and practice.
Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus
DID YOU KNOW? SOPHE sold out of exhibit space at the 2012 & 2013 annual meetings!
SOPHE Charitable Activity
Help Us Help Them! The Zeta Center for Healthy and Active Aging (Zeta Center) provides services designed to meet the needs of older adults, age 55 years and above, in the Southern Park Heights area of Baltimore. Southern Park Heights is designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as a medically underserved area. The Center's current enrollment is more than 2,000. SOPHE is pleased to support the Zeta Healthy Aging Partnership (Z-HAP) by holding a donation drive at the conference. Please help us help them by packing and donating items, especially in the following categories:
- Full size toiletries for men and women
- toothbrushes and toothpaste
- individual alcohol wipes
- diabetes monitoring equipment with strips
- blood pressure self-monitoring equipment
- stamps (U.S. mail)
- reading glasses
- small first aid kits (portable)
- knitting supplies
- jewelry making supplies
- painting and other art supplies
- socks (men's & women's)
- men's & women's pant/underwear type) "depends"
- razors and shaving supplies
- gift cards (food, supplies, clothing, etc.)
- packaged greeting cards
- transportation vouchers/passes
In addition, monetary contributions may be made payable to: Myrtle Tyler Faithful Fund, Inc. (their 501c(3)). Donated supplies or funds may be collected at the conference or through direct mail to: Betsy D. Simon, Z-HAP/MTFF, Zeta Center for Healthy & Active Aging, 4501 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21215