Membership at a Glance
At the national level, SOPHE's membership comprises more than 4,000 professionals with formal training and/or an interest in health education and health promotion throughout the United States and 25 foreign countries. Members work in schools, universities, medical/managed care settings, corporations, voluntary health agencies, international organizations, and federal, state and local government. There are currently 20 SOPHE chapters.
Check Out SOPHE's New Membership Video
What is SOPHE?
Click here to download the SOPHE membership brochure.
The SOPHE membership includes:
- Bimonthly journals, Health Education & Behavior (formely Health Education Quarterly) and Health Promotion Practice, and the new Pedagogy in Health Promotion: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (coming 2015)
- Professional Code of Ethics
- Continuing education contact hours for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Masters Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES), and Certified in Public Health (CPH).
- Reduced fees for the SOPHE Annual Conference
- Online membership directory
- Electronic newsletters, News & Views and E-News U Can Use
- Local chapter affiliations in many regions
- Fourteen Communities of Practice
- Career Connection
- Professional preparation and practice standards
- Opportunities for awards and professional recognition
- Reduced subscription fees for health promotion publications
- Online Store - with reduced fees on publications and resources
Join SOPHE today!
Click here to enroll online.
Click here to download the Membership Application
Questions about membership? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org