Membership at a Glance
Benefits of Joining SOPHE
At the national level, SOPHE’s membership comprises more than 4,000 professionals with formal training and/or an interest in health education and health promotion throughout the United States and 25 foreign countries. Members work in schools, universities, medical/managed care settings, corporations, voluntary health agencies, international organizations, and federal, state and local government. There are currently 20 SOPHE chapters.
Mission: To provide global leadership to the profession of health education and health promotion and to promote the health of society.
Watch our welcome video featuring CEO Elaine Auld
The SOPHE membership includes:
- Bimonthly journals, Health Education & Behavior (formely Health Education Quarterly) and Health Promotion Practice
- Professional Code of Ethics
- Continuing education contact hours for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Masters Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES), and Certified in Public Health (CPH).
- Reduced fees for SOPHE Annual Conference
- Online membership directory
- Bi-monthly News & Views newsletter
- Legislative alliances
- Local chapter affiliations in many regions
- Thirteen Communities of Practice
- Job bank service through the SOPHE website, at SOPHE annual meetings, and through many local chapters
- Professional preparation and practice standards
- Opportunities for awards and professional recognition
- Professional identity
- Networking and peer exchange
- Reduced subscription fees for health promotion publications
- Online Store - with reduced fees on publications and resources
Questions about membership? email us at email@example.com