National Health Education Week 2014
Celebrating the Next Generation of Health Educators
Since 1995, National Health Education Week (NHEW) has been celebrated during the third full week of October. Sponsored by the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE), this celebration focuses national attention on a major public health issue and promotes consumers’ understanding of the role of health education in promoting the public’s health.
This year’s NHEW will pay tribute to the next generation of health educators on October 20-24, 2014. This toolkit can be used to promote NHEW, including the following daily themes:
- Monday, October 20: Creating a shared vision for the future of health education
- Tuesday, October 21: Training and educating the next generation of health educators
- Wednesday, October 22: Employing the next generation of health educators
- Thursday, October 23: Mentoring the next generation of health educators
- Friday, October 24: 30 under 30: Highlighting 30 health educators under the age of 30
As we celebrate this year’s NHEW, we will honor the work of health education specialists. We recognize health education specialists for their contributions to promoting and improving population health and providing health education services for cost-effective prevention, wellness, and disease
Join us as we work together to raise awareness of the importance of our future health education specialists in improving consumer health and wellness. Stay tuned for more information about activities and resources.