Celebrating the Next Generation of Health Educators
Since 1995, National Health Education Week (NHEW) has been celebrated during the third full week of October. Sponsored by the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE), this celebration focuses national attention on a major public health issue and promotes consumers' understanding of the role of health education in promoting the public's health.
This year's NHEW will pay tribute to the next generation of health educators on October 20-24, 2014. Use the NHEW Toolkit to plan your own NHEW event. SOPHE will be hosting daily virtual events around the following themes:
- Monday, October 20: Creating a shared vision for the future of health education
- Tuesday, October 21: Training and educating the next generation of health educators
- Wednesday, October 22: 30 under 30: Highlighting 30 health educators under the age of 30
- Thursday, October 23: Employing the next generation of health educators
- Friday, October 24: Mentoring the next generation of health educators
As we celebrate this year's NHEW, we will honor the work of health education specialists. We recognize health education specialists for their contributions to promoting and improving population health and providing health education services for cost-effective prevention, wellness, and dsease management.