National Implementation and Dissemination for Chronic Disease Prevention
The National Implementation and Dissemination for Chronic Disease Prevention program brings together the American Heart Association, the American Planning Association, the National WIC Association, the Directors of Health Promotion and Education, and SOPHE to implement, evaluate and disseminate evidence and practice based community health activities.
Under the name, Partnering4Health, this project builds upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Division of Community Health's history of working with national organizations to provide financial resources, guidance, training, tools, and other assistance to local coalitions interested in creating communities where people can achieve optimal health through developing their capacity to implement policy, systems, and environmental improvements.
Through this opportunity, The American Heart Association, American Planning Association, and National WIC Association offer grants to chapters/affiliates to build and strengthen the community's ability to use population-based strategies that create healthier communities.
SOPHE, and the Directors of Health Promotion and Education serve as technical assistance providers.
The national organizations work together to coordinate strategies and technical assistance to maximize our collective impact, increase national and local awareness of community health work, and ensure that identified communities are able to increase their capacity and achieve sustainable improvements that will continue after this program funding ends.
News & InformationSOPHE Awarded CDC National Implementation and Dissemination Grant press release
Online Community for grantees
- National Implementation and Dissemination for Chronic Disease Prevention
- Making Healthy Living Easier
SOPHE Success Stories
- SOPHE’s Technical Assistance
- SOPHE’s National Collaborative Partnership
- SOPHE’s media dissemination efforts
The Partnering4Health interactive map offers a creative illustration to increase project awareness and encourage a partnership network. Check out the partnership locations.
2016 Monthly Health Observances
- February is American Heart Month. Read more>
- March is National Nutrition Month. Read more>
- April is Every Kid Healthy Week. Read more>
- May is National Stroke Awareness Month. Read more>
- May 31 is World No Tobacco Day. Read more>
- June is Men’s Health Month. Read more>
- July is National Park and Recreation Month Read more>
- August is National Farmers Market Week Read more>
- September is Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® Month Read more>
- October 5 is National Walk to School Day Read more>
This project was supported in part by a cooperative agreement with the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC-RFA-DP14-1418). The contents of this website are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views or the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Links to website addresses of nonfederal organizations on this web page are provided solely as a service to readers. Provision of an address does not constitute an endorsement of this organization by CDC or the federal government, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of other organizations’ Web pages.