Awards, Fellowships & Scholarships
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
Read about each award, fellowship or scholarship, the eligibility, requirements, and submit an application.
- Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award
- Distinguished Fellow Award
- Dorothy Nyswander Open Society Award
- Horizon Award
- Clarence E. Pearson Program Excellence Award
- SOPHE Chapter for Excellence
- Technology Award
- 21st Century Scholarship – Deadline May 15, 2018 for SOPHE’s 2018 Advocacy Summit
- Graduate Student Research Paper
- Vivian Drenckham Award
- R. Brick Lancaster Community Health Internship Award – Deadline May 15, 2018
- Delbert Oberteuffer Scholarship
- Marion B. Pollock Fellowship
- SOPHE 2017-2018 Student Patient Engagement Fellowship – Deadline May 15, 2018
- SOPHE/CDC 2017-2018 Student Fellowship in Injury Prevention – Deadline May 15, 2018
Honorary Fellow Award
This is SOPHE’s highest recognition of a non-SOPHE member that recognizes a person who has made exemplary and lasting contributions to the field of health education and public health.
Awards are presented annually at SOPHE’s Annual Conference.