Call for nominations | SOPHE 2020 – 2021 Officers
Do you have experience in SOPHE and are interested in moving to the next level? Individuals with exemplary leadership and commitment to SOPHE, health education and health promotion are critical to the success of SOPHE and set a powerful example for others.
We are actively recruiting eight members for the Board of Trustees, who would start their terms of office in April 2021, in St. Louis. All positions are for 2-year terms of office, except the president-elect and student trustee:
The opportunity to help lead SOPHE is a notable personal and professional achievement. YOU have the opportunity to shape the future of SOPHE!
We are actively recruiting members for the following positions:
- President–Elect (3 year position)
- Trustee, Professional Development
- Trustee, 2022 Annual Conference & Expo
- Trustee, Advocacy & Resolutions
- Trustee, Publications
- Trustee, Strategic Initiatives
- Student Trustee (1 year position)
In a leadership role you will:
- Play a significant role in advancing the health education profession.
- Enhance the value of SOPHE to school and public health stakeholders.
- Access to up-to-date information about the challenges facing health education and health promotion research and practice.
- The chance to shape SOPHE’s strategic future directions.
- Develop new leadership skills.
- An opportunity to earn Category II Continuing Education Contact Hours for CHES/MCHES.
SOPHE leaders devote time, energy and ideas to move the organization forward.
If you have experience, vision and an interest in advancing the profession — or if you would like to nominate someone who can provide the critical leadership skills — please email Antonio Gardner (email@example.com) or Elaine Auld (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 15, 2020.
Together, we can ensure that SOPHE has a strong and vibrant future!