#NHEW Thursday, October 21
What We Should Know About the Future of Health Literacy
Webinar: Health Literacy: Addressing COVID Disinformation & Reaching Diverse Populations | 2- 3:00 p.m. ET
Explore how health education specialists can address the new Healthy People 2030 goals related to health literacy and the use of various social media tools.
In this webinar, you can share and support the implementation of the HP 2030 framework into your own programs and policies.
- Explain the new HP 2030 definition of health literacy that addresses goals for both individuals and organizations.
- Describe ways that improving health literacy can help address COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation.
- Advancing Health Literacy Among Hispanic Immigrants: The Intersection Between Education and Health.
- Promoting Health Literacy Through Defining and Measuring Quality School Health Education.
- Health Literacy in Adult Education Centers: Exploring Educator and Staff Needs.
- Evaluation of Health Literacy and Depression Literacy Among Korean Americans
- A Scoping Review of Health Literacy Measurement Tools in the Context of Cardiovascular Health,
- Can Health Literacy Boost Health Services Utilization in the Context of Expanded Access to Health Insurance?
- Utilizing a Multidimensional Health Literacy Framework to Assess Cervical Cancer Screening Nonadherence
- Screening Hospitalized Patients for Low Health Literacy: Beyond the REALM of Possibility?
- Applying a Health Equity Approach to Healthcare Communications
- Testing a Theater-Based, Healthy Relationships and Sexual Health Curriculum for Teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities
- Curbing Misinformation by Spreading True Health Education Messages
- You, Them, and All of Us: How Collaboration Can Mean Amplification on Social Media
- How to Use Social Media to Promote Public Health Messages
- Zombies, Ebola, and Other Pandemics: Lessons Learned in Health Risk Communication
- Health Literacy: A Cornerstone of Public Health Education
Join SOPHE and get 10% off your membership. Your professional journey starts here
SOPHE has a dedicated Community of Practice for Health Communications to collaborate with other Health Educators on best practices to prioritize health literacy, public health communications and new communication tools
Social media posts
Health educators harness the power of words to improve public health. #NHEW
Words matter. Public health professionals need to address health literacy. #NHEW
Words have power. Health literacy is a public health issue. #NHEW