#NHEW Tuesday, October 19
Exploring Careers in Health Education
Webinar: How to Promote Your Health Education Skills for Careers in the Field | 2 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Hear about the types of careers (jobs) for health education specialists and effective strategies for marketing participants’ skills for jobs in the field.
Panelists provide ways that participants can promote their value as health education specialists, training, and skills in ways that differentiate them from job candidates with varying backgrounds.
Join the discussion of job roles, career-building resources, and participate in an active Q&A with participants.
Describe at least three meaningful ways how health education specialists in various settings promote their value, training, and skills for career opportunities in the field while involving the health education process. (Area 8.4.1)
What better way to jump start your career than with the resources SOPHE has to offer!
- Professional Preparation: Building and Maintaining Careers Among Health Education Specialists
- Integrating the Peace Corps Prep Program into an Undergraduate Public Health Degree
- The Health Education Workforce: A Deep Dive on Employment at the National, State & Local Levels
- Five Essential Skills for Aspiring Health Education Consultants
- Global Perspectives on Personal and Professional Development
- Motivational Interviewing for Public Health Professionals: A Person-Centered Approach to Achieve Healthier Outcomes
- MCHES: What you need to know to sit for the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) Exam
- National Institutes of Health Support of Digital Health Behavior Research
- “The Master’s Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master’s House”: Ten Critical Lessons for Black and Other Health Equity Researchers of Color
- Improving Schools, Improving School Health Education, Improving Public Health: The Role of SOPHE Members
- Continuing the Journey Toward Health Equity: Becoming Antiracist in Health Promotion Research and Practice
- Community Clinical Linkages With Community Health Workers in the United States: A Scoping Review
- Analysis of Latina/o Sociodemographic and Health Data Sets in the United States From 1960 to 2019: Findings Suggest Improvements to Future Data Collection Efforts
- El Nacimiento del Pueblo Mestizo: Critical Discourse on Historical Trauma, Community Resilience and Healing
- Experiential Learning in the Classroom: The Impact of Entrepreneurial Pitches for Global Health Pedagogy
- Interprofessional Education Collaborative Competencies and the Public Health Professional
- Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Professional Roles and Responsibilities of Health Educators
Social media posts
Learn more about emergency preparedness: https://emergency.cdc.gov