#NHEW Friday, October 22
Mental Health in the Workplace
Webinar: Navigating Workplace Mental Health Amidst COVID-19
Discuss the complexities of mental health and how it currently affects employees during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Participants will identify the effects of mental fatigue, social isolation, trauma, burnout, and anxiety that can present themselves in employees and their subsequent impact on job performance.
Participants discuss the accessibility of mental health resources and how employers can prioritize their employees’ mental health amidst the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Discuss how all work models (in-person, remote, and hybrid) should address mental health concerns while supporting the mental and emotional wellbeing of its employees
- Analyze the significance of employee mental wellbeing and its relation to productivity, job performance, retention, and healthy workforce culture.
- Examine how inequitable access to mental health resources can increase health disparities in different workplace populations.
- Describe three ways professional leadership can support their team of employees and identify mental and emotional support for themselves.
- Testing for Differences in the Reporting of Somatic Symptoms of Depression in Racial/Ethnic Minorities
- Measuring Cumulative Stressfulness: Psychometric Properties of the COVID-19 Stressors Scale
- Association of Social Media Use With Social Well-Being, Positive Mental Health, and Self-Rated Health: Disentangling Routine Use From Emotional Connection to Use.
- What’s the Risk in Seeking Help for Depression? Assessing the Nature and Pleasantness of Outcome Perceptions Among Individuals With Depressive Symptomatology.
- Emotional Disorders During the COVID-19 Outbreak in Spain: The Role of Sociodemographic Risk Factors and Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies.
- Addressing Public Mental Health Challenges: A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of Problem-Based Learning.
- A Scoping Review of Literature About Mental Health and Well-Being Among Immigrant Communities in the United States.
- Teaching During a Pandemic: A Model for Trauma-Informed Education and Administration
- Supporting Health Care Staff With Family Meals During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Self-care for the Health Education Professional with Yoga
- Mental Health: Disparities, Community Participatory Research, & Mindfulness
- Helping Institutions of Higher Education Prepare for Fall 2021
- Facilitating Positive Body Image During a Positive Body Image Symposium
- Student Athlete Well-Being: One Team, One Family, Many Branches
- Turtle, Owl, Shark, Fox, Teddy Bear: Who are YOU in Challenging Situations
- Using Self-Assessment Tools for Personal and Professional Development
Join SOPHE and get 10% off your membership. Your professional journey starts here
SOPHE has a dedicated Community of Practice for Worksite Health to collaborate with Health Educators on how to make worksite wellness a priority. Participating in CoPs is a member benefit of the SOPHE organization. Join us today to become part of this community and learn how you can engage with us as a leader!
Social media posts
Did you know that health educators work in schools, private companies, nonprofits, hospitals, government, and more? #NHEW