Call for Doctoral Student Reviewers
SOPHE is seeking current doctoral candidates in public health, health education and related fields to review manuscripts submitted for publication in Health Education & Behavior journal.
One of the most frequently cited journals in the field, HE&B explores social and behavioral change as they affect health status and quality of life. It also examines the processes of planning, implementing, managing and assessing health education and social-behavioral interventions.
Focus areas of submitted manuscripts include, but are not limited to:
- worksite health promotion
- social determinants of health
- chronic disease management
- health communications
- quantitative/qualitative methods
- global health
- policy and environmental approaches
- obesity prevention
- measurement issues
- patient education
- school-based healthcare
The editor will contact potential reviewers via email, and will include the manuscript abstract so the reviewer can determine if s/he is willing to review the manuscript and able to complete the review in the required time frame. Reviewers who accept the review assignment will access the complete manuscript online.
What is involved in a review?
The ScholarOne system provides reviewers specific questions to consider and forms to complete when evaluating the appropriateness, content and quality of a manuscript. Reviews should include suggestions and comments that authors may use to help strengthen their manuscript. The average manuscript takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to read and critique.
Benefits of being a peer-reviewer
- Receive 60-days of complimentary access to all SAGE journals
- Receive a 25% discount on SAGE books ordered online
- Annual recognition for your contribution in HE&B
- Build your resume
- Stay up to date with the latest literature and gain advanced access to research
- Earn Category II CHES/MCHES Continuing Education Contact Hours for reviewing articles
Apply to become a peer-reviewer or nominate a doctoral candidate.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Submit application to HE&B Editorial Manager.
Questions? Contact Kaya Harrison, MPH, HE&B Editorial Manager for more information.