SOPHE 2021dX Code of Conduct
SOPHE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants and SOPHE staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, SOPHE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Conference Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all SOPHE conference-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than SOPHE, but held in conducting with SOPHE events, on public or private platforms.
SOPHE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. IF you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, SOPHE asks that you inform either Elaine Auld, CEO, email@example.com or Maricela Arias-Cantu, director, Professional Development firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SOPHE staff member, service provider, or conference guest.
Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body, size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SOPHE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by SOPHE during the digital conference. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any SOPHE digital conference staff.
- Presentation, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. SOPHE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitation.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the digital conference space.
SOPHE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SOPHE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, digitally, or in person.