Content is king
SOPHE seeks rich content in your abstract submission.
Content that is . . .
• Reflective, innovative, cutting‐edge content, and evidence‐based practice.
• Presents a strong case with evidence supported by research or data.
• Explores issues important to diverse audiences and communities.
• Challenges attendees to be solution-focused.
Content whose instructional design . . .
• Stimulates and provokes discussion, audience engagement, and outcome‐focused design.
• Facilitates knowledge transfer and encourage application of the HESPA II Areas of Responsibilities, competencies and sub-competencies.
• Uses methods that draw out relevant past knowledge and experiences.
Content that engages the audience by . . .
• Reaching aspiring and emerging leaders through executive‐level, seasoned professionals.
• Including different types of adult learners (e.g., visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) and taking into consideration personality traits (e.g., introvert, extrovert and ambivert) in various learning styles.
• Demonstrating relevance of lessons through “real‐life” case studies.
SOPHE seeks abstracts in the following
SOPHE seeks abstracts that reflect . . .
the best research in the health education field, informed by theory, research, and practice. SOPHE wants to be inclusive of all abstract proposals from various stakeholders in the field.
Instructions to submit an abstract
- Guide to the NCHEC Areas of Responsibility, Competencies and Sub-competencies for Health Education Specialist Practice Analtysis II 2020 (HESPA II 2020)
- Tips for creating engaging biographies.
Related ResourcesWriting SMART Objectives | Open PDF
To be useful, learning objectives should be SMART: Specific Measurable Attainable Results-Focused Time-Focused