Content is king
SOPHE seeks rich content in your abstract submission.
Content that is . . .
• Reflective, innovative, cutting‐edge content, and evidence‐based practice.
• Presents a strong case with evidence supported by research or data.
• Explores issues important to diverse audiences and communities.
• Challenges attendees to be solution-focused.
Content whose instructional design . . .
• Stimulates and provokes discussion, audience engagement, and outcome‐focused design.
• Facilitates knowledge transfer and encourage application of the HESPA II Areas of Responsibilities, competencies and sub-competencies.
• Uses methods that draw out relevant past knowledge and experiences.
Content that engages the audience by . . .
• Reaching aspiring and emerging leaders through executive‐level, seasoned professionals.
• Including different types of adult learners (e.g., visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) and taking into consideration personality traits (e.g., introvert, extrovert and ambivert) in various learning styles.
• Demonstrating relevance of lessons through “real‐life” case studies.
SOPHE seeks abstracts in the following
SOPHE seeks abstracts that reflect . . .
the best research in the health education field, informed by theory, research, and practice. SOPHE wants to be inclusive of all abstract proposals from various stakeholders in the field.
- Guide to the NCHEC Areas of Responsibility, Competencies and Sub-competencies for Health Education Specialist Practice Analtysis II 2020 (HESPA II 2020)
- Tips for creating engaging biographies.
Related ResourcesWriting SMART Objectives
To be useful, learning objectives should be SMART: Specific Measurable Attainable Results-Focused Time-Focused