Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the conference dates?
SOPHE 2019 is March 27- 29, 2019. Beginning Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. and ending Friday at 3:00 p.m. Times subject to change.
Pre-workshops are Tuesday, March 26 – not included in the registration price. Additional fees apply.
2. Where is the conference?
SOPHE 2019 will be held at the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center
100 S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
3. Who goes to the conference?
4. Are there key registration deadlines?
To be announced fall 2018
5. What is #myimpact?
A campaign to promote the profession of health education specialists and their impact on the health and well-being of all people. To share your story and have the chance to share on our website, email email@example.com.
6. What is 180 seconds to Impact Health?
The 180 seconds to Impact Health is for a select few graduate students to share their work during an one hour period at the conference. More details to come. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Which are the conference hotels ?
A hotel block is available at the Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, 215 S Temple, Salt Lake City. More details coming soon.
8. What is the membership discount?
To be announced fall 2018
9. Can I add other events or activities to my registration at a later date?
Yes, you can log back into your registration profile and register for workshops or other conference events and activities.
10. What meals are included with the conference registration fee?
11. How can exhibit or sponsor the conference?
Detailed prospectus coming soon! For more information contact email@example.com.
12. I need help with registration.
Contact our membership coordinator & office manager, Shadia Henson, at 202-408-9804, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Is continuing education available from attending the conference sessions and workshops?
Yes, the conference provides CE to CHES, MCHES, and CPH certified individuals. More information on the number of credits is coming soon. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
14. What scholarships and awards are available?
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
15. Is there a SOPHE store onsite at the conference?
Yes, SOPHE will offer items for sale near the registration desk. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Are there student events?
Yes, there is a student case study competition (application required), student workshop, and 180 seconds to Impact Health session. More information coming soon.
17. How can I travel from the convention center to my hotel?
The Salt Palace Convention Center is a 3-minute Uber, Lyft, or taxi ride from the Radisson Hotel. Visit http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=RidingUTA-PayingYourFare-FreeFareZone to learn more about the free ride zone in downtown Salt Lake.
Related ResourcesSOPHE 2019 Call for Abstracts Instructions
SOPHE 2019 Call for Abstracts Now Open! Society for Public Health Education’s 70th Annual Conference – Elevating Health Through the Power of Many – March 27 – 29, 2019 | Salt Lake City