UPLIFTS Leadership Course
Are you a mid-career health educational professional looking to advance to a leadership position? If so, enroll in SOPHE’s UPLIFTS Leadership course.
UPLIFTS is a fast-paced, 10-hour course that prepares you to:
- Lead projects
- Build equitable and engaged teams
- Navigate conflict while creating opportunities for growth
- Propel public health education, healthcare and health administration to ignite forward-thinking systems.
As a hybrid course, UPLIFTS incorporates asynchronous and synchronous components for 10 advanced-level continuing educaton contact hours (CECH).
It is recommended for professionals with a master’s degree in a health-related field and a minimum of two years of work experience in public health. Participants will learn strategies to:
- Maximize your personal strengths to lead yourself and others.
- Implement adaptive leadership to transform teams and organizations.
- Develop and communicate your leadership philosophy.
- Build a cohesive and functional team.
- Leverage your emotional intelligence to mediate common disputes.
- Use conflict as a springboard for positive change.
- Assess for change readiness and build momentum.
- Use systems-thinking to convene partners.
- Elevate collective impact through equity and justice.
- Develop, implement, and assess your own leadership action plan.
This is a 10 hour course broken into five modules that address these skills.
- Module 1 – Personal Leadership – equity and strengths
- Module 2 – Team Leadership – communication, diversity and inclusion
- Module 3 – Conflict Management – self-awareness and problem solving
- Module 4 – Organizational Leadership – change management, persuasive communication
- Module 5 – Systems and Inter-systems management – systems thinking
Three synchronous sessions, Tuesdays, October 12, November 2, and 16, and five asynchronous sessions are required for course completion.
Ten advanced-level continuing CECH and CPH continuing education credits are available. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Introductory Synchronous Session 1: October 12, 12–1:00 p.m. ET
Synchronous Session 2: November 2, 12-2:30 p.m. ET
Synchronous Session 3: November 16 12-2:30 p.m. ET
The synchronous sessions provide additional instruction, discussion and application.
SOPHE Members $195
The course qualifies for NCHEC’s continuing competency requirements.