Student Fellowship in Patient Engagement
The fellowship recognizes, assists, and trains masters or doctoral students to advance the research and practice of patient-centered health care from the perspective of health education or the behavioral sciences.
This fellowship is in honor of Dr. Jessie Gruman with support from the Center for Advancing Health.
Apply if your project is focused on:
- enhancing patient/family education
- health literacy
- health communication
- cultural humility
- shared decision-making
- other variables that impact patient/caregiver interaction and promote respectful and ethical patient engagement
Recipients of the award will receive the following:
- $2,000 stipend
- Fellowship certificate of completion
- Complimentary registration at SOPHE’s Annual Conference
- An opportunity to display and/or provide an oral presentation on the project