SOPHE represents more than 4,000 health education professionals and students in the U.S who work in schools, universities, voluntary organizations, healthcare settings, and in local, state and federal agencies. SOPHE is the only independent voice for advancing health promotion policy, research and practice.
A SOPHE membership is not only an investment in your career, it’s an investment in the future of health education.
- Continuing education opportunities
- Subscriptions to three peer-reviewed health education journals – Health Promotion Practice, Health Education and Behavior, Pedagogy in Health Promotion: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Discounts on registration fees for conferences
- Access to the Communities of Practice Forum
- Electronic newsletters, News & Views and E-News U Can Use
- Local chapter affiliations in many regions
- Access to career resources specific to health education
- Professional preparation and practice standards
- Professional recognition through awards, scholarships, and fellowships
|Practicing – New||$145|
|Practicing – Renewing/Returning health education professional with more than one-year experience||$195|
|Practicing – 3-year membership ($45 savings)||$540|
|Emeritus – Retired professional||$130|
|Emeritus – 3-year membership ($35 savings)||$355|
*Students must be enrolled full-time with at least six months until graduation. Please submit unofficial transcripts, enrollment verification or letter from a faculty or school representative certifying status.
**Transitional members must submit copy of unofficial transcripts or enrollment verification certificate certifying graduation within the last 24 months.