Society for Public Health Education’s Resource Guide to COVID-19
SOPHE’s collections of manuscripts for online teaching
- Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations
- People Who are at Higher Risk
- Groups at Higher Risk for Severe Illness
- People At Risk for Severe Illness
- Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in Retirement Communities and Independent Living Facilities (Interim Guidance)
- Interim guidance for homeless service providers to plan and respond to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Funeral and Burial Services for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Social Distancing for Tribal Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission
- Tribal Communities
- COVID-19 Trainings via Learning Connection
Free SAGE print resources:
Free content from publishers:
• American Society for Microbiologists
• Disaster Lit®: NLM/NIH
• Elsevier’s Novel Coronavirus Information Center
• Coronavirus (Covid-19): NEJM
• SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 A New virus and associated respiratory disease: Springer Nature
• The Lancet 2019-nCoV Resource Centre
• Health Security: Outbreak Preparedness and Response, Infection Control, and Public Health Policy
• Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: December 2019 to present. Wiley
• Expert Searches: Wolters Kluwer
Featured articles by publishers & organizations:
• Coronavirus Infections—More Than Just the Common Cold
• Middle East respiratory syndrome: making the case for surveillance of transboundary coronaviruses in the Middle East
• Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus-encoded ORF8b strongly antagonizes IFN-β promoter activation: its implication for vaccine design
• National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
• A Novel Coronavirus Emerging in China – Key Questions for Impact Assessment
• A Novel Coronavirus from Patients with Pneumonia in China, 2019
• Nowcasting and Forecasting the Potential Domestic and International Spread of the 2019-nCoV Outbreak Originating in Wuhan, China: A Modelling Study
• A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin
• Initial Public Health Response and Interim Clinical Guidance for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak — United States, December 31, 2019–February 4, 2020
• Precision mouse models with expanded tropism for human pathogens
• Prioritizing Zoonoses: A Proposed One Health Tool for Collaborative Decision-Making
• Receptor Recognition by Novel Coronavirus From Wuhan: An Analysis Based on Decade-Long Structural Studies of SARS
• SARS and MERS: Recent Insights Into Emerging Coronaviruses
Special thanks to Elaine R. Hicks for compiling these resources.
- The United States Department of Agriculture has a FAQs plus pages to Find Meals for Kids When Schools are Closed and Individual/Family Resources.
- CDC has resources for individuals and families seeking food assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has social media graphics on healthy eating.
- The National Park Service has safety and social distance graphics for use.
- The NIH has social media graphics on staying active.
- The National Recreation and Park Association has infographics in English, Spanish, and French on public parks and public trails.
- Rails to Trails Conservancy has materials and PSAs on sharing the trail.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has resources and information.
- The NIH has social media graphics on mental health.
- The Food and Drug Administration has multilingual COVID-19 resources on food safety, tips on good nutrition, how you can make a difference, and more.
- The National Institutes of Standards and Technology has a video showing air flow when breathing and coughing with and without face coverings.
- The American Public Health Association has up-to-date information from numerous organizations.