Check out SOPHE’s Career Hub
Social Media Editor, Health Education & Behavior
Health Education & Behavior (HE&B) is a peer-reviewed, bimonthly journal published by SOPHE. The journal features authoritative empirical research and commentary on critical health issues of interest to professionals whose work involves understanding factors associated with health behavior, and evidence-based social and behavioral strategies to improve health status.
HE&B seeks a social media editor to assist in the promotion of the journal on social media, primarily Twitter and LinkedIn. The ideal candidate is a member of SOPHE, with expertise in social media marketing. Interest in health education and health promotion is a must. An annual honorarium is provided.
Objectives of this role:
- Draft and schedule social media to promote new HE&B articles and issues.
- Monitor and engage with authors via social media.
- Identify opportunities to promote HE&B, such as call for abstracts, papers or reviewers.
- Collaborate with SOPHE to share upcoming events and opportunities.
Skills and responsibilities
- Knowledge of peer-reviewed journals, processes, and norms.
- Understanding of social media, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience with Hootsuite & social media marketing.
- Attend a monthly editorial meeting.
If you are interested in this position, please email Editorial Manager, Zebley Diaz (email@example.com) with your resume/CV. The deadline to apply is August 22, 2022.
The Health Education and Promotion Program Directory serves as a centralized source of information regarding institutions of higher education that offer undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in Health Education and Promotion.