CORE eLearn features will fortify health promotion workforce development
Washington, DC – January 11, 2021 – The Society for Public Health Education(SOPHE) proudly launches its new online learning management system, CORE eLearn. Building on its long-standing Center for Online Resources and Education (CORE), the advanced software and learning platform will expand transformative virtual learning opportunities for SOPHE members and public health professionals to keep pace with the rapidly changing health and education environments.
CORE eLearn is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week from wherever users have an internet connection. With their personal learning profile, SOPHE members and non-members can search from the Society’s library of more than 80 recorded webinars, 58 journal self-studies, and multiple online courses and conference recordings to address their personalized needs for rapid knowledge and skill development, certification as well as their topical areas of study and interest.
“With staggering changes in health and education catalyzed by COVID-19, SOPHE redoubled its investment in providing a state-of-the-art learning management system with content that addresses the latest health education and public health competencies and is available to learners around the clock,” says SOPHE President Cam Escoffery, PhD, MPH, CHES®. “Feedback from attendees to our three 2020 face-to-face meetings that were converted to livestream CE offerings underscored the unprecedented demand for online learning, and the need to eliminate continuing education barriers faced by health promotion faculty, practitioners, and students.”
Available to SOPHE’s 4,000 members as well as non-members, the new CORE eLearning platform offers:
- Easy access via single sign on. Users can log in using the same credentials used to log into My.SOPHE.org or create a free new account for a customized experience.
- Personalized use. Users can personalize their e-learning experience by selecting from 25 topic areas (e.g. health equity, chronic diseases, health literacy, emergency preparedness, global health and policy, systems and environmental change).
- Recommended content. Based on their interest areas, users can peruse learning opportunities in a variety of formats (e.g. self-studies, synchronous or asynchronous courses)
- Easy navigation. Busy professionals can visualize their experiences by selecting learning that fits their schedules – from conferences, webinars, on-demand, journal self-studies, courses and more!
- Dynamic and Growing Content library. See the full list of SOPHE products with new products added monthly.
- Quick search. Search by experience level, Area of Responsibility of the Health Education Specialist Practice Analysis II – 2020, topic categories, price or entry- or master-level CECHs.
- New journal self-studies. Access our newest journal self-studies from the Health Education & Behavior “Campus Sexual Assault Prevention and Policy” collection and the Health Promotion Practice “Improving Health Outcomes Along the HIV Care Continuum in Youth and Young Adults Living With HIV” special section.
In addition to the plethora of online learning products and courses already available, SOPHE will add more exciting new synchronous and asynchronous courses and products in the coming months, says Escoffery. “SOPHE Is committed to building on its long-standing reputation as the leader of health promotion research, practice, and pedagogy, and our CORE eLearn is designed to enable the health promotion workforce to remain ahead of the curve.”
SOPHE members receive special rates for CORE eLearning products. Individuals can join or renew their SOPHE membership anytime.
tudents and professionals interested to know when new offerings are available in CORE eLearn can sign up for email alerts.