Washington, DC – August 12, 2022 – The Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) has re-opened its 21st Century Scholarship for health education practitioners to attend the 2022 Advocacy Summit in Washington, D.C., October 22-24.
This $800 scholarship provides financial support to SOPHE members (national/chapter) who are health education specialists and practitioners to attend the event.
Recipients may use the scholarship to cover costs associated with travel, accommodations, event registration, meals and incidentals to the conference or Summit.
This year’s summit, “Youth Health Equity: Forging the Path for an Inclusive Future,” features five educational tracks:
- Anti-Racism & Youth Health
- Youth LGBTQ+, Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Youth Mental Health
- Misinformation in Youth Health
- Student Poster Track: Health Advocacy for Youth
And join the voices of your colleagues and take a trip to Capitol Hill to speak with your elected representatives. It’s critical that they hear that public health is a top priority for us all.
- Current member of SOPHE national or a SOPHE Chapter.
- Works full-time in a health education role.
- Not a scholarship awardee in the past three years.
SOPHE needs you in Washington, D.C. for this year’s Advocacy Summit!