Awards, Fellowships & Scholarships
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
There are two cycles for awards, winter/spring* and summer/fall.**
Read about each award, fellowship or scholarship, the eligibility, requirements, and submit an application.
- 21st Century Practitioner Scholarships* **
- Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award**
- Distinguished Fellow Award**
- Dorothy Nyswander Open Society Award**
- Honorary Fellow Award**
- Horizon Award**
- Clarence E. Pearson Program Excellence Award**
- SOPHE Chapter for Excellence**
- Digital Health Technology & Communication Award**
- 21st Century Student Scholarships* **
- Graduate Student Research Paper**
- Vivian Drenckhahn Award**
- R. Brick Lancaster Community Health Internship Award * **
NCHEC’s Helen P. Cleary Scholarship
The Helen P. Cleary Scholarship provides financial support to students enrolled in a health education related degree program to take the national Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) examination.
Learn about the next application cycle:
Awards are presented annually at SOPHE’s Annual Conference.