Awards, Fellowships & Scholarships
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
There are two cycles for awards, spring/summer* and fall/winter.**
Read about each award, fellowship or scholarship, the eligibility, requirements, and submit an application.
- 21st Century Practitioner Scholarship* **
- Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award**
- Distinguished Fellow Award**
- Dorothy Nyswander Open Society Award**
- Honorary Fellow Award**
- Horizon Award**
- Clarence E. Pearson Program Excellence Award**
- SOPHE Chapter of Excellence**
- Digital Health Technology & Communications Award**
- 21st Century Student Scholarships* **
- Graduate Student Research Paper**
- Vivian Drenckhahn Award**
- R. Brick Lancaster Community Health Internship Award**
NCHEC’s Helen P. Cleary Scholarship
The Helen P. Cleary Scholarship provides financial support to students enrolled in a health education related degree program to take the national Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) examination.
Learn about the next application cycle: April 12-16, 2021
Awards are presented annually at SOPHE’s Annual Conference.