Awards, Fellowships & Scholarships
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
There are two cycles for award submissions – fall/winter and spring/summer.
Read about each award, fellowship or scholarship, the eligibility, requirements, and submit an application.
- 21st Century Practitioner Scholarships
- Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award
- Distinguished Fellow Award
- Dorothy Nyswander Open Society Award
- Honorary Fellow Award
- Horizon Award
- Clarence E. Pearson Program Excellence Award
- SOPHE Chapter for Excellence
- Digital Health Technology & Communication Award
- 21st Century Student Scholarships
- Graduate Student Research Paper
- Vivian Drenckhahn Award
- R. Brick Lancaster Community Health Internship Award*
NCHEC’s Helen P. Cleary Scholarship
The Helen P. Cleary Scholarship provides financial support to students enrolled in a health education related degree program to take the national Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) examination.
Learn about the next application cycle:
Awards are presented annually at SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
*Application date subject to change for the R. Brick Lancaster Community Health Internship Award