Distinguished Fellow Award
The award recognizes individuals who have made significant and lasting contributions to SOPHE and the profession of health education or public health.
The award is presented at the awards celebration during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
- Nomination form and letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at the annual conference
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Letters of support from seven (7) additional SOPHE members. In the nomination and support letters, please provide evidence, examples, documentation, and/or information about the nominee:
- Significant contributions to health education
- Creative or exceptional nature of these contributions
- Professional recognition (honors/awards, special appointments, offices held, research, writing, etc)
- Results and impact of the nominee’s work
- Leadership within SOPHE
- Continuing worth of the nominee’s contribution to health education, SOPHE, and public health
Application deadline: November 30, 2018