Distinguished Fellow Award
The award recognizes individuals who have made significant and lasting contributions to SOPHE and the profession of health education or public health.
A SOPHE Distinguished Fellow has:
- Made significant contributions to health education and health promotion.
- Contributed their creativity and/or exceptional nature to the field.
- Received professional recognition (honors/awards, special appointments, offices held, research, writing, etc).
- Demonstrated results and impact of the nominee’s work.
- Performed in a leadership role within SOPHE.
- Contributed to health education, SOPHE, and public health.
The award is presented at the awards celebration during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.