Register for SOPHE’s 24th Annual Advocacy Summit
Saturday, October 22 – Monday, October 24, 2022
Registration fees include training materials and admission to all educational sessions. Continuing education credits for entry-level and master-level Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®and MCHES®) are available.
Congressional visits: Monday, October 24, 2022
Participants must register for congressional visits before Monday, September 19, 2022.
Group Rates: Save 10% for groups of 10+. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your group.
Refund requests must be received in writing electronically via email@example.com by Monday, October 3, 2022. All cancellations are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for any reason after October, 3, 2022.
Registrant substitutions are permitted provided the request is of the same registration category and the rquest is received in writing electronically by the National SOPHE office before October 3, 2022. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only one substitution is permitted.
Registration is transfeable. Send a transfer registration request email to email@example.com before October 3, 2022. No transfers after the deadline.
Registrations and attendance at, or participation in the SOPHE 2022 Advocacy Summit constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SOPHE’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes.
I understand that I give SOPHE permission to use (display, publish, etc.) any photograph(s) of me at this conference for any purpose deemed appropriate by SOPHE. Photographic images may be used in promotional publications online and in print to educate the public about SOPHE and the work of its members.
Photographic images may be transmitted to news media outlets for distribution. Photographic images may be kept in a stock photo file by National SOPHE.
SOPHE always strives to present individuals in a complementary, culturally sensitive, and appropriate manner.
To opt out of the photo release, registrants must submit their request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the SOPHE 2022 Advocacy Summit, I hereby warrant and represent that I am age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) or its members, employees, board members, agents, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that I may hereafter suffer or sustain before.
During or after the event unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of SOPHE.
This waiver and release is specifically binding upon my heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
SOPHE is committed to provide a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants and SOPHE staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, SOPHE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Advocacy Summit Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all SOPHE Summit-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than SOPHE, but held in conducting with SOPHE events, on public or private platforms.
SOPHE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or staff at our conferences, events or meetings. If you experience harassment or hear about incidents of unacceptable behavior, immediately inform Tammy Dillard-Steels, CEO, via email at t-Steels@sophe.org so that we can take appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SOPHE staff member, service provider, or conference guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body, size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, SOPHE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by SOPHE during the Advocacy Summit. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any SOPHE Advocacy Summit staff.
- Presentation, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. SOPHE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitation.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the digital conference space.
SOPHE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SOPHE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, digitally, or in person.