Health Promotion Practice
Health Promotion Practice is a forum for authoritative research, commentary, practical tools and promising practices that strategically advance the art and science of health promotion and disease prevention.
Unique in its practitioner focus, HPP is committed to eliminating health disparities, achieving health equity, addressing social determinants of health, and advancing evidence-based health promotion practice.
Our lane in the COVID-19 Pandemic: HPP editorial board member experiences and perspectives from around the world.
- COVID19 in Puerto Rico and more evidence of colonialism as a social determinant of health
- Public health’s call to action
- Taking action in our communities: a perspective from Peru
- Teaching the health education specialists of the future through a computer
- Schools are the path forward for ending COVID19 inequities in our communities
- COVID-19 in The Land of Enchantment
- The “We are all in this Together” post-COVID-19 public health world
- Rural equals resilience – A new reputation or just a better understanding?
- Privileging equity during a pandemic
- Pivoting in leadership during a public health crisis: When change is thrust upon us
HPP’s special collection on the lessons learned from health promotion in indigenous communities.
The collection of eight papers focus on lessons learned from health promotion in indigenous communities in the United States and Canada.
Featured reading list for faculty, students and practitioners
Easy to access articles on:
- Needs Assessment
- Program Planning and Design
- Program Implementation
- Program Evaluation
- Program Planning and Evaluation Classics
- Full reading list
This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
Access to the full-text of published articles is free to Health Promotion Practice subscribers. Availability to others is on a pay-per-view or timed access basis.
SOPHE national members receive online and hard copies of the journal as a membership benefit.
Editor-in-chief: Kathleen Roe, DrPH, MPH
Editorial manager: Jeanine Robitaille, MS, CHES®
Related ResourcesCall for Manuscripts: HPP Photovoice Special Issue
Health Promotion Practice seeks to curate a body of salient manuscripts that explore the current state and future directions of photovoice. Of particular interest are manuscripts that demonstrate the use of photovoice as a vehicle for illuminating issues of concern, promoting health equity, advocating for social justice, and advancing efforts…