Health Promotion Practice
Health Promotion Practice is a forum for authoritative research, commentary, practical tools and promising practices that strategically advance the art and science of health promotion and disease prevention.
Unique in its practitioner focus, HPP is committed to eliminating health disparities, achieving health equity, addressing social determinants of health, and advancing evidence-based health promotion practice.
Read & download the latest issue
Read & download the new special collection
Special Issue: Indigenous Food Sovereignty As A Path To Health Equity
Explore more from HPP’s 5th Annual Native and Indigenous Voices Collection, including author gallery, podcasts and research.
2023 Sarah Mazelis Papers of the Year
SOPHE’s journal Health Promotion Practice, presented two Sarah Mazelis Papers of the Year Awards to “The Tai Qi of Photovoice.” HPP 2022. Vol. 23(2) 205-210. Authored by Caroline C. Wang DrPH, MPH.
And the second Sarah Mazelis Paper of the Year, “Through Our Eyes, Hear Our Stories: A Virtual Photovoice Project to Document and Archive Asian American and Pacific Islander Community Experiences During COVID-19.” HPP 2022. Vol. 23(2) 289-295. Authored by Phuc Duy Nhu To, MA; Julia Huynh, MA; Judy Tzu-Chun Wu, PhD; Thuy Vo Dang PhD, MA; Cevadne Lee, MPH; and Sora Park Tanjasiri DrPh, MPH.
- COVID19 in Puerto Rico and more evidence of colonialism as a social determinant of health
- Public health’s call to action
- Taking action in our communities: a perspective from Peru
- Teaching the health education specialists of the future through a computer
- Schools are the path forward for ending COVID19 inequities in our communities
- COVID-19 in The Land of Enchantment
- The “We are all in this Together” post-COVID-19 public health world
- Rural equals resilience – A new reputation or just a better understanding?
- Privileging equity during a pandemic
- Pivoting in leadership during a public health crisis: When change is thrust upon us
Availability to others is on a pay-per-view or timed access basis.
Join SOPHE for full access to all three journals, Health Promotion Practice, Health Education & Behavior and Pedagogy in Health Promotion: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
Editor: Kathleen Roe, DrPH, MPH