Awards, Fellowships & Scholarships
Every year, SOPHE presents awards to faculty, practitioners, students and chapters in more than 15 categories.
Read about each award, fellowship or scholarship, the eligibility, requirements, and submit an application.
Applications and nominations are open!
Deadline for applications and nominations Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award
- Distinguished Fellow Award
- Dorothy Nyswander Open Society Award
- Horizon Award
- Clarence E. Pearson Program Excellence Award
- SOPHE Chapter for Excellence
- Technology Award
- 21st Century Scholarship
- Graduate Student Research Paper
- Vivian Drenckham Award
- Delbert Oberteuffer Scholarship
- Marion B. Pollock Award
- SOPHE 2017-2018 Student Patient Engagement Fellowship
- SOPHE/CDC 2017-2018 Student Fellowship in Injury Prevention
The application fellowship period is February – April
Honorary Fellow Award
This is SOPHE’s highest recognition of a non-SOPHE member that recognizes a person who has made exemplary and lasting contributions to the field of health education and public health.
Case Study Competition
The 2017 SOPHE Case Study Competition, sponsored by HEDIR Publishing is currently closed.
Awards will be presented at SOPHE’s 2018 Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2018 in Columbus. Ohio.